Stupid Easy Croutons
Don’t buy croutons at the store. That’s just dumb. Make these stupid easy croutons at home instead. Now, that’s using your noggin.
These are great on salads or as a garnish for soups and you can season them any way you like. Added bonus; they can be made gluten free so everyone gets to enjoy.
The Stuff You Need:
One slice of your favorite bread, per person
Butter or oil*; just enough to coat the bottom of your frying pan
Salt, to taste
Optional seasonings: Pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, dill, parsley, thyme, sage, Parmesan cheese. See where I’m going with this? Feel free to create your own combinations.
How To Do This:
- Put you favorite bread slices in the toaster and toast lightly.
- Let the slices dry in the toaster a bit.
- Once slices are cool, take them out and slice into 1″ cubes.
- Put butter or oil in your frying pan and heat to medium low.
- Lightly brown the bread cubes in the pan, removing when golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Season as desired and toss to coat.
See? Stupid easy.
*Try any one of My Blue Kitchen’s flavored cooking oils for an extra boost of flavor. Available in Lemon, Basil, Tomato, and Ancho Pepper.
Be Inspired By, Explore, or Scroll Past My Other Recipes
Culinary Oils Uses and RecipesAncho Oil (16) Basil Oil (10) Lemon Oil (17)
All My Recipe CategoriesAncho Oil (16) Appetizers (9) Basil Oil (10) Beef & Lamb (7) Beverages (9) Breads (10) Brunch (0) Culinary Oils (0) Desserts (2) Dressings & Sauces (14) Leftovers (5) Lemon Oil (17) Marrakesh Oil (1) Pork (5) Potatoes (4) Poultry (10) Rice & Grains (1) Salads (12) Sandwiches (3) Seafood (8) Soups & Stews (6) Sweets (3) Uncategorized (0) Vegetables (4)