Steakhouse Wedge Salad
Here’s a classic salad that you might already be aware of, but I’m putting it here because I think it gets forgotten or overlooked. There’s nothing better than a grilled steak paired with the beautiful crunch of crisp, cool Iceberg Lettuce, shaved red onion and bacon bits. You can add a few cherry tomatoes sliced in half, if you like. Go ahead. Be a maverick. Break the rules.
The Stuff You Need:
For each person:
1 wedge fresh Iceberg Lettuce
1 strip cooked Bacon, chopped
Red onion, thinly sliced
Salad dressing. My favorite is Bleu Cheese, but any other dressing will work just as well. There are several to choose from in the Dressings & Sauces Category of this site.
How To Do This:
- Starting with a full or half head of Iceberg Lettuce, peel off any wilted or dirty lettuce leaves and remove center core.
- Slice your head of lettuce in half and then slice the half into wedges, just like you would with an orange.
- Place your lettuce wedges on plates, cut side up so it will hold the dressing.
- Right before serving, drizzle dressing over the wedges. The dressing will help hold everything else onto the lettuce.
- Add your bacon, red onion, and anything else that tickles your fancy.
- That’s it. You’re done. Go get a drink or something.
Be Inspired By, Explore, or Scroll Past My Other Recipes
Culinary Oils Uses and RecipesAncho Oil (16) Basil Oil (10) Lemon Oil (17)
All My Recipe CategoriesAncho Oil (16) Appetizers (9) Basil Oil (10) Beef & Lamb (7) Beverages (9) Breads (10) Brunch (0) Culinary Oils (0) Desserts (2) Dressings & Sauces (14) Leftovers (5) Lemon Oil (17) Marrakesh Oil (1) Pork (5) Potatoes (4) Poultry (10) Rice & Grains (1) Salads (12) Sandwiches (3) Seafood (8) Soups & Stews (6) Sweets (3) Uncategorized (0) Vegetables (4)