Gluten free crackers can be very expensive, but now you can make your own. These are addictive! They are dinner party worthy and would be a thoughtful gift for your favorite gluten free host.
The Stuff You Need:
1/2 cup Almond Flour
1/2 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
1/4 cup Flaxseed, whole or ground
1/2 cup Hot Water
2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds, toasted
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 Tablespoons My Blue Kitchen Rosemary-Meyer Oil – or – 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil and 1 teaspoon chopped Fresh Rosemary
1 teaspoon Salt
Pepper, to taste
How To Do This:
- Heat hot water, add chia seeds and allow to soak for about 10 minutes.
- Toast sesame seeds in a small skillet over medium heat. Remove from heat when light brown.
- Combine the flours and flaxseed in mixer bowl, using the paddle attachment.
- Add the sesame seeds and parmesan cheese. Mix to combine.
- Add the oil and salt & pepper.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the chia seeds in hot water until the dough comes together. Discard any remaining water and seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the cracker dough on the parchment. Cover with another sheet of parchment and roll out until at least 1/8″ thick. I used a wine bottle because my rolling pin was too long.
- Peel off the top layer of parchment and cut into cracker shapes with pizza cutter or knife.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then check for doneness.
- Crackers will bake from the outer edges in. When they have reached a nice, golden brown, transfer to a cooling rack.
- Return unfinished crackers to the oven for another 5 minutes. Check at regular intervals. This part is a bit tedious, but the end result is so worth it.
When completely cool, store in a zip-lock bag. They will keep a week or more, if they last that long.
Be Inspired By, Explore, or Scroll Past My Other Recipes
Culinary Oils Uses and RecipesAncho Oil (16) Basil Oil (10) Lemon Oil (17)
All My Recipe CategoriesAncho Oil (16) Appetizers (9) Basil Oil (10) Beef & Lamb (7) Beverages (9) Breads (10) Brunch (0) Culinary Oils (0) Desserts (2) Dressings & Sauces (14) Leftovers (5) Lemon Oil (17) Marrakesh Oil (1) Pork (5) Potatoes (4) Poultry (10) Rice & Grains (1) Salads (12) Sandwiches (3) Seafood (8) Soups & Stews (6) Sweets (3) Uncategorized (0) Vegetables (4)