Grilled Pork & Peaches
Hot Damn! This is freakin good! Simple food done right. The pork was seasoned with sage, paprika, smoked salt and fresh ground pepper. The peaches were lightly brushed with oil and grilled. All served over a bed of mixed greens, red onion, celery, garlic butter toasted pecans and goat cheese balls rolled in fresh chopped parsley. We dressed this beautiful goodness with Mom’s Vinaigrette. I inhaled mine. Actually, neither of us said much until after we finished eating. I would have had seconds, if there were any.
The Stuff You Need:
Pork – we grilled 4 ounces per person. Chops or tenderloin work great.
Pork Seasoning – Salt*, pepper, sage, and paprika.
Pecans- 1/4 cup pecan halves per person, Butter, garlic powder, salt.
Peaches – 1 whole peach for each person. I used white peaches brushed lightly with oil**
Salad greens for each person
Celery and Red Onion, sliced thin.
1/2 to 1 full ounce of Goat Cheese
3 to 4 Tablespoons fresh Parsley, chopped
Salad dressing of your choice
How To Do This:
- Rinse your pork, pat dry with paper towel and season with salt, pepper, sage and paprika. Set aside while you prepare everything else.
- Melt some butter in a small or medium fry pan over medium heat. When butter is melted, add the pecans and stir until the pecans start to brown. When almost done, sprinkle with garlic powder and salt. Remove from heat and drain pecans on plate lined with paper towel.
- Cut your celery and onions and arrange on top of beds of mixed greens.
- Using 1/2 to 1 full ounce of goat cheese per person, divide each portion in threes and roll each into a small ball. Roll the cheese balls into a small bowl of chopped parsley, turning to coat evenly.***
- Slice peaches in half and remove pits. Slice the half peach the long way so you have 4 circles each per peach. Lightly brush with oil and salt.
- Grill your pork, adding the peach slices to the grill right before the pork is done. You don’t want to cook the peaches through, just enhance the flavor.
- Rest your pork for a few minutes before slicing and plating.
- Arrange pork, peaches, cheese balls, and pecans over your salad greens. Dress with your favorite salad dressing.
*Use smoked salt if you have it on hand.
**We used My Blue Kitchen Lemon flavored oil that we make ourselves and just a touch of Pink Salt. Regular vegetable oil is fine too.
***Feel free to double or triple this amount. I don’t know about you, but I REALLY dig Goat Cheese and would have loved to have had more.
Be Inspired By, Explore, or Scroll Past My Other Recipes
Culinary Oils Uses and RecipesAncho Oil (16) Basil Oil (10) Lemon Oil (17)
All My Recipe CategoriesAncho Oil (16) Appetizers (9) Basil Oil (10) Beef & Lamb (7) Beverages (9) Breads (10) Brunch (0) Culinary Oils (0) Desserts (2) Dressings & Sauces (14) Leftovers (5) Lemon Oil (17) Marrakesh Oil (1) Pork (5) Potatoes (4) Poultry (10) Rice & Grains (1) Salads (12) Sandwiches (3) Seafood (8) Soups & Stews (6) Sweets (3) Uncategorized (0) Vegetables (4)