Easy Roasted Potatoes
Here’s a stupid-easy way to cook potatoes with minimal prep time so that you can move on and do other things. And because the potato is the perfect blank canvas, you can season them any way you like, so they go with just about anything. It’s a nice alternative to the same-old fried, boiled, baked, or mashed.
The Stuff You Need:
Potatoes, cut into 1″ chunks, about 8 ounces per person.*
1 or 2 Tablespoons Oil**
Salt, Pepper, and any other seasoning that compliments your meal.
How To Do This:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash the potatoes, pat dry with paper towel, and cut into 1″ chunks.
- In a large bowl, toss the potato chunks in oil, season with salt and pepper and any other seasoning you like.
- Arrange the potato chunks on a sheet tray or in a roasting pan, skin sides down.
- Bake until golden brown; about 40 minutes. That’s it! Just 5 easy steps and you’re done. You’re welcome.
*I don’t peel them, but I do wash them and pat them dry. I like Russets and Yukon Golds, but you could use reds or purple Peruvian, or even a mixture of several kinds.
**Don’t be afraid to try a flavored oil for an extra boost of, well, you know, flavor. Try My Blue Kitchen flavored cooking oils in lemon, basil, tomato or ancho pepper.
Be Inspired By, Explore, or Scroll Past My Other Recipes
Culinary Oils Uses and RecipesAncho Oil (16) Basil Oil (10) Lemon Oil (17) Tomato Oil (13)
All My Recipe CategoriesAncho Oil (16) Appetizers (9) Basil Oil (10) Beef & Lamb (7) Beverages (9) Breads (10) Brunch (0) Culinary Oils (0) Desserts (2) Dressings & Sauces (14) Leftovers (5) Lemon Oil (17) Pork (5) Potatoes (4) Poultry (10) Rice & Grains (1) Salads (12) Sandwiches (3) Seafood (8) Soups & Stews (6) Sweets (3) Tomato Oil (13) Uncategorized (0) Vegetables (4)