A super easy gluten free bread that is a treat to make and eat. This pairs very well with stews and salads but I especially love it with Indian food.
The Stuff You Need:
6 & 3/4 Ounces Garbanzo bean flour (about 1 & 1/2 cups)
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1 teaspoon ground Coriander*
1/2 teaspoon grated Lemon Zest*
1 & 1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Water
6 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How To Do This:
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place a rack on a baking sheet in the middle of the oven.
- Whisk chickpea flour together with seasonings. Slowly whisk in the water and 3 Tablespoons of the oil until smooth.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons oil in a 8″ skillet over medium-high heat until the oil shimmers.
- Add 1/3 cup batter to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and cook until edges crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Carefully flip the flatbread and cook another 2 or 3 minutes.
- Place cooked flatbreads on the rack in the oven. Repeat with remaining batter and oil.
- To serve, cut the flatbreads into wedges, sprinkle on Kosher salt and drizzle with olive oil.
*Coriander and lemon zest – You can skip these, but you’ll be missing out.
Be Inspired By, Explore, or Scroll Past My Other Recipes
Culinary Oils Uses and RecipesAncho Oil (16) Basil Oil (10) Lemon Oil (17)
All My Recipe CategoriesAncho Oil (16) Appetizers (9) Basil Oil (10) Beef & Lamb (7) Beverages (9) Breads (10) Brunch (0) Culinary Oils (0) Desserts (2) Dressings & Sauces (14) Leftovers (5) Lemon Oil (17) Marrakesh Oil (1) Pork (5) Potatoes (4) Poultry (10) Rice & Grains (1) Salads (12) Sandwiches (3) Seafood (8) Soups & Stews (6) Sweets (3) Uncategorized (0) Vegetables (4)